Stuttgart’s New Palace, which stands in the heart of the capital of Baden-Württemberg, can look back over a long history. Built in several phases starting in 1746, it was only actually completed in 1806. During aerial bombardments in the spring of 1944, the palace was almost completely destroyed by fire, with only the outer façade left standing. Since its reconstruction after the war, between 1958 and 1964, the building has been used by, amongst other things, the Baden-Württemberg state government and other government bodies. The palace consists of two full-height floors and a half-height floor, which is formed as a mezzanine with a continuous façade or as an attic level with a steep mansard roof. The classic punctuated façade is characterised by rectangular windows, arched or pointed windows and finally round windows in the dormers. In 2019, the state of Baden-Württemberg – represented by Landesbetrieb – Vermögen und Bau Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart office, put out a tender for the refurbishment of wooden window elements and glazing work in the Planie wing and Rosengarten wing. The project packages include the refurbishment of about 530 wooden windows, which equate to around 1,700 m2 of glazing. One of the style elements used in this is the Georgian bar from SWISSPACER, which has only a minor impact on the low UW value of the windows.